Monday, June 20, 2011

Cakes and toppings... and my online baking recipe books


A close friend recently mentioned to my husband 'your wife is a super woman. She always gets everything right!' On that note I have to say that I so far I have only put up posts and pictures of the things I have managed to do decently well. The credit for all that perfection goes to all the failed experiments and the insight they bring. Sometimes things go exactly as planned, sometimes they fail terribly. We have eaten half baked cakes, burnt dosa's, seen ugly looking crafts, broken our head about what could have possibly gone wrong till we finally figured out the 'right' way. It sure does take long to find perfection... though not forever! :)


Coming to cakes and toppings... Many of my friends who have mastered the art of baking suggest that one must find a good cake recipe book to get the basic recipes right. So as I set on my quest for one, I came across this blog. Pamela has done an excellent job of reviewing different recipes and posting them. I have been mixing and matching the icing and cakes from this blog and others to come up with yummy combinations. Videojug and youtube are other great sites to visit. 

This is the Black Forest Cake I baked recently on my husband's birthday. 



Look out for more posts on other baking delights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment