Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Date and Walnut cake with Marzipan Xmas icing


I wanted to get into the mood of the Christmas season and I thought what better way to start than a Christmasy looking cake. I decided to try this recipe. I used cranberries instead of raisins. It tasted delicious. But there was way too much fruit and I couldn't enjoy the cake as much. I would recommend that you follow the original recipe with the following changes...
80 grams walnuts
30 grams raisins/cranberries

For the decor I used white marzipan* and green and red food colours. Roll out the green marzipan and cut out the leaves. Make small balls from the red marzipan for cherries. Roll out the white marzipan to make two circular sheets with even edges. Place over the cake loaf as shown in the picture. Arrange the leaves and cherries. Just one more step...... EAT THE CAKE! :D

*Marzipan recipe in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment