Monday, August 27, 2012

Pizza party

I love to cook! I love to eat! AND I love to feed! Quite a deadly combination in the kitchen I'd say :D And the result of that could sometimes be as deadlicious as this!

My husband and I invited one of our newly married friends home for dinner, drinks and sleep over. I wanted to keep away from the traditional rice, roti and curry combination. Since our friends are vegetarian and we wanted to keep the TGIF mood, I said a Pizza party is what we deserve!

I had baked a Pizza a couple of weeks ago but there was still something not so perfect in the bread. I looked up a couple more recipes online and then settled for this one. (I used butter instead of olive oil.) It turned out to be the perfect choice.

After you've left the dough to rise for at least 2 hours, roll it out on your baking pan and again leave it to rise for another 2 hours.

For the Pizza sauce with an indian touch you need:
1 tablespoon oil or butter
1.5 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 x medium sized onions chopped
1 x 400 gram tomato puree
3 green chillies slit
pepper and salt to taste
half teaspoon each of dried oregano, basil and parsley

Ideas for topping: For best results marinate overnight
1. Paneer (I used homemade paneer with 2 litres of milk), red capsicum (cut into rings) and onion: Marinate the two with 1 tablespoon curd, and salt, pepper, chilly powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, turmeric. Also sprinkle some fresh chopped coriander.
2. Pineapple, mushrooms and capsicum: Marinate the mushrooms with chinese red chilly sauce and garam masala.
Assemble the pizza by spreading the sauce, then the topping and some Pizza cheese. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
You'll refuse to order from a Pizza place again....!!!

2 comments: